Contact Information: Program Office: 615-353-3531, Program Site, E-mail email@example.com
The mission of the Music Technology program is to provide a well-rounded curriculum of music-related technical, creative, and business courses designed to prepare students for a variety of employment opportunities within the music industry. The Music Technology Technical Certificate is designed to prepare students for entry-level career opportunities in the music and recording industries.
The requirements for earning the technical certificate may be fulfilled in one year.
Students choose the concentration pathway that best aligns with their career goals: Music Production or Commercial Songwriting.
Graduates of the program should be able to:
- Demonstrate proficient operation of typical professional recording equipment and computer-based music production systems;
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of the terminology used in the music and recording industries;
- Accurately explain the business and production processes common to the music and recording industries;
- Apply critical thinking skills to resolve challenges in the music production environment;
- Produce creative works that meet industry standards; and
- Work effectively with others in a creative team environment.
Music Production Pathway
- Studio Operator
- Recording Engineer
- Mixing Engineer
- Mastering Engineer
- Live Sound Engineer
Commercial Songwriting Pathway
- Music Publisher
- Independent Record Label Operator
- Recording Artist
This certificate is designed so that a student can apply all of the required courses toward the A.A.S. Degree in General Technology. A student who plans to apply the certificate toward the A.A.S. Degree in General Technology should consult their advisor about articulation options.