Contact Information: Program Office 615-353-3475, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Program Site
This comprehensive certificate program offers excellent preparation for a career in the maintenance of large electrical and manufacturing systems. It includes an appropriate amount of necessary theory explaining “why” while placing a strong emphasis on the actual equipment and operation of large and critical electrical power systems. The program covers electrical, as well as associated electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment and applications.
Graduates of this program should be able to:
- Operate and maintain equipment and systems supporting modern manufacturing;
- Effectively troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and facility systems;
- Effectively work in teams to solve complex electrical system problems; and
- Operate programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
- Plant maintenance technician
- Power plant operator/maintenance technician
- Plant electrician
- On-call service technician
This certificate is designed so that a student can apply all of the required courses toward a Nashville State A.A.S. degree in Electrical Engineering Technology. A student who plans to apply the certificate toward an A.A.S. degree should consult his/her advisor about articulation options.