Feb 22, 2024
Contact Information: Program Office 615-353-3369
The Architectural Design Technology Technical Certificate is for students who want to begin a career in the Building Design profession and wish to obtain training in the fundamentals of building design and construction. Scheduling of classes is flexible with day and evening courses offered.
Students can choose to attend school full-time or part-time.
Graduates of the program should be able to:
- Create new or edit existing drawings and print large multiple sheet projects as needed.
- Work with AutoCAD and BIM (Building Information Modeling) computer software to produce accurate drawings quickly and efficiently.
- Apply critical thinking skills to resolve challenges in the workplace.
- Create a full set of drawings as a portfolio to be presented at job interviews.
- Graduates work in many fields including but not limited to architecture, building design and residential design and construction.
- Design Technician
- Architectural Assistant
This certificate is designed so that a student can apply all of the required courses toward a Nashville State A.A.S. degree in Architectural Engineering Technology.
A minimum of 19 credit hours is required for graduation.
Total Certificate Requirements: 19 Credits
Additional course requirements: The Tennessee Board of Regents requires that students either demonstrate the appropriate skill levels in math, reading, and/or writing before enrolling in college-level courses or enroll in appropriate co-requisite experiences with college-level courses to develop competency in those skills while performing college-level work. ACT/SAT scores, classic ACCUPLACER test scores, next-generation ACCUPLACER test scores, or other relevant information determine whether a student needs to enroll in co-requisite courses in math, reading, and/or writing (English).
Cooperative Education work experience can be an important addition to a student’s formal classroom work. Co-op courses may substitute for technical courses with the prior approval of the Faculty Advisor. Contact the Career Services Office for information.