Additional course requirements: The Tennessee Board of Regents requires that students either demonstrate the appropriate skill levels in math, reading, and/or writing before enrolling in college-level courses or enroll in appropriate co-requisite experiences with college-level courses to develop competency in those skills while performing college-level work. ACT/SAT scores, classic ACCUPLACER test scores, next-generation ACCUPLACER test scores, or other relevant information determine whether a student needs to enroll in co-requisite courses in math, reading, and/or writing (English).
* This course is part of the general education core.
1) Students who plan to transfer to UTK should complete MATH 2050: Calculus-Based Probability and Statistics.
2) MTSU and UTK should take MATH 1630. Students transferring to UTC or UTM should take a college algebra course. UofM requires MATH 1710 or MATH 1830. APSU requires MATH 1710 only. TSU requires MATH 1830 only. ETSU requires MATH 1530. TTU requires MATH 1130. Johnson University- MATH 1130 or MATH 1530.
3) Students who plan to pursue the Accounting major or Accounting collaterals at UTK will be required to take ACCT 203 or demonstrate competency by passing an ACCT 203 proficiency exam before moving forward with upper level Accounting coursework. Advisors are invited to contact the UTK Transfer Center to learn more about course equivalencies.
4) Students who plan to transfer to UTK should complete MATH 1830.
5) Students who plan to transfer to UTK should take an Introduction to Ethics course as one of their humanities/fine arts courses or as an alternative guided elective.
6) UTK recommends students who intend to transfer take MGT 201 equivalent, if available (BUSN 2330 or BUSN 1305, if BUSN 2330 not offered), as their guided elective.
Students who plan to transfer to UTK will be required to demonstrate intermediate level competency in Foreign Language before graduating from UTK. Students may demonstrate intermediate level competence after transferring to UTK.
Students who plan to transfer to UTK will be required to complete ENGL 295 at UTK if they have not completed an equivalent course at their community college. Advisors are invited to contact the UTK Transfer Center to learn more about course equivalencies.