Contact Information: Program Office 615-353-3390, Program Site, E-mail: SusanAnne.Hawkins@nscc.edu
The Healthcare Compliance Technical Certificate is intended to provide entry-level skills for students wanting to begin a career in the Healthcare Compliance arena. Healthcare Compliance positions are available in various medical environments.
Graduates of the program should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting medical office technologies;
- Maintain electronic health/medical records for a medical office environment;
- Apply critical thinking skills to real world strategies in the healthcare industry.;
- Identify various types of healthcare delivery systems; and
- Demonstrate an understanding of medical reimbursement and billing practices.
- Physician Offices
- Insurance Companies
- Extended Care Facilities
Students must establish placement by transfer credits, college entrance exam scores, or college placement testing.
A grade of “C” or above in all Healthcare Management (HCMT) courses must be earned prior to graduation. Students must maintain a grade of “C” or higher in order to progress in the Healthcare Management program.
This certificate is designed so that a student can apply all of the required courses toward a Nashville State A.A.S. degree in Healthcare Management – Management and Compliance Concentration. A student who plans to apply the certificate toward an A.A.S. degree should consult his/her advisor about articulation options.
A Healthcare Compliance examination provided by American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) is required to become a Certified Compliance Officer.