Contact Information: Program Office: 615-353-3475, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Security Technical Certificate provides students with the necessary skills to protect an organization’s resources using security tools on a variety of operating systems. The program covers methods employed by hackers to compromise computing devices, and prepares students to recognize compromised systems. The program emphasizes the importance of security policies and the techniques to effectively design such policies.
Information Security graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills to harden operating systems including Linux, Windows Server and Windows Professional OS.
- Describe and demonstrate wireless security.
- Demonstrate ability to configure and administer Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to protect data through the use of cryptography.
- Effectively design and securely implement a VPN.
- Describe and demonstrate knowledge of router security.
- Describe and demonstrate knowledge of effective policy implementation.
- Security Professional
- Network Administrator
- Information Assurance Technician
Courses are designed to meet the following industry security certification exams objectives: CompTIA Security+ exam, Security Certified Professional’s Tactical Perimeter Defense exam, and Security Certified Professional’s Strategic Infrastructure Security exam.
This certificate is designed so that a student can apply all of the required courses toward a Nashville State A.A.S. degree in Computer Technology. A student who plans to transfer to a university should consult his/her advisor and the receiving university about transfer and articulation policies.