Contact Information: Program Office 615-353-3400, Email: email@example.com
The Accounting Technology Technical Certificate prepares students for various entry-level positions within the accounting system of a company. The program includes courses that provide the student with basic accounting skills as well as a significant working knowledge of business application software.
The Accounting Technology Technical Certificate provides an alternative to students who choose not to pursue the Associate of Applied Science degree in Computer Accounting.
Graduates of the program should possess a(n):
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to prepare and know the purpose and elements of financial statements.
- Ability to gather, summarize, report, and analyze financial data.
- Knowledge of the role of accounting information systems.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal tax laws and reporting.
- Ability to apply knowledge to solve real-world problems.
- Knowledge of business and accounting application software used to solve a wide range of business problems.
- Staff Accountant, Assistant Accountant, or Full-Charge Bookkeeper
- Payroll Accountant
- Accounts Receivable Clerk or Accounts Payable Clerk
- Tax Preparer
A grade of “C” or above must be earned in prerequisite courses to meet requirements for enrollment in subsequent courses. A grade of “C” or above in all Computer Accounting courses, ACCT and INFS, must be earned prior to graduation.
The certificate is designed so that a student can apply all of the required courses toward the Nashville State A.A.S. degree in Computer Accounting. A student who plans to apply the certificate toward an A.A.S. degree should consult his/her advisor about articulation options.