Contact Information: Program Office 615-353-3475, E-mail CAD@nscc.edu
The 3-D Design and Graphics technical certificate program prepares students for employment in a variety of careers using 3-D design and graphics software including architectural design, manufacturing and product design, video games, television and multimedia productions. Not only will students learn the concepts and processes of 3-D Design, they will also be trained in several of the most current and marketable software applications and their use in various industries. An integral part of this program is the ability to create and present ideas. Most students can finish this program in one year.
Graduates of the program should be able to:
- Use 3-D design techniques and create presentations using 3-D design graphics.
- Show proficiency in 3-D visualization and concepts.
- Create 3-D designs using multiple software applications and in multiple formats.
- Present designs using multiple mediums including multimedia, print, Web, and video.
The program will culminate in students creating a portfolio for presentation at job interviews.
- Architectural, Manufacturing and Industrial 3-D Designer/Drafter
- 3-D Graphics Artist/Illustrator Creating 3-D Presentations
- Video Game Level & Computer Simulations Designer
This certificate is designed so that a student can apply all of the required courses toward a Nashville State A.A.S. degree in General Technology. A student who plans to apply the certificate toward an A.A.S. degree should consult his/her advisor about articulation options.