Associate of Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.)
Contact Information: Program Office 615-353-3400, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), 7007 College Blvd., Suite 420, Overland Park, Kansas 66211
The mission of the Office Administration program at Nashville State Community College is to contribute to the community by equipping students with the office and management skills necessary to become productive and responsible leaders in today’s workplace.
The Office Administration program provides skills for students seeking a career as an administrative assistant in an office environment. Two distinct concentrations allow future professionals to focus career preparation toward the business office environment or the medical office environment.
Graduates of this program should be able to:
- Perform office tasks using the leading office application software.
- Apply time management skills effectively by managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Play a vital role in a successful management team as an administrative assistant in a business or medical office environment.
- Efficiently prepare business documents according to commonly accepted grammar and format standards.
- Effectively integrate information from multiple sources that allows for appropriate decision making.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit responsible behavior and demonstrate an understanding of the principles of ethical behavior.
- Office Manager
- Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant
The A.A.S. degree is designed to prepare a student for employment upon graduation. Some universities, at their discretion, accept some technical courses for transfer. A student who plans to transfer to a university should consult his/her advisor and the receiving university about transfer and articulation policies. Failure to do so could result in loss of transfer credits.